Sunday, March 30, 2014

Three Cheers for Acupuncture!

I started going to acupuncture a few days after finishing my second round of Clomid pills and while I wasn't sure if it would work, I fell in love with it!

It helped to give me a deep sense of calm, focus and mental clearness. My skin cleared up and my hunger was greatly diminished following the Clomid and Metformin side-effects.

My acupuncturist listened to my experiences in great detail during our first meeting. She looked at my tongue, the colors in my face and felt my pulses before deciding where to place the teensy, tiny needles in my legs, feet and stomach. (I did not feel them go in at all.) As she continued her work, she would check my pulses to see if they were becoming more even and added needles accordingly. I felt so peaceful.

Once satisfied with the placement, she left me to relax on a heated bed with soothing music playing and then returned at the end of the session, pleased with my improvements. She added little, tiny gold beads to three pressure points in my legs. I loved being bedazzled and was so excited to go home and show my husband!

My next post will be devoted to the dietary recommendations she made for PCOS. If you haven't tried acupuncture yet, I highly recommend giving it a try! You'll feel soo relaxed and refreshed.

No comments:

Post a Comment