Sunday, March 30, 2014

Clomid- Round 1, Not so bad, no ovulation

Here is my review on my first two rounds of Clomid. All and all, I must say, the symptoms for me weren't as bad as I had googled...

Here is a website that I referred to several times that gives a lot of information about Clomid

Round 1: 50mg Clomid, Days 5-9 (While continuing with 1500 mg of Metformin)
I was very anxious and nervous about starting Clomid but went forward with it because the Metformin was not making a difference in my cycles. My doctor prescribed me Provera for 10 days to induce my period. Then on CD 5, I began my first round of Clomid convinced it would work on the first try.

Based on internet reviews, I began my first dose at night. The first day, I felt a little bloated and icky, but by the second day, I actually felt better than I had in a long time. The Metformin was tough on my body and I was constantly feeling nauseous and gross. Day 2 of the Clomid, I was feeling great and completely normal again.

I thought that'd I'd beat the Clomid until I woke up on day 3 of Clomid feeling yucky. I had a headache, felt bloated and tired. Day 4 made me more hot than before, but nothing like the dripping, sweaty hot flashes that I have read about others enduring while on Clomid. Who knows if it really was the Clomid or if I was playing more attention to my body temperature throughout the day.

On the last day of Clomid, my stomach was thankful for my comfy yoga pants at home! (The bloating and severe hunger that the Clomid caused lasted the next two weeks.)

My mood at work was just fine but I know that when I came home, I was more easily agitated and emotional. The worst part for me was my skin's reaction. Ugh, my poor skin was so broken out. I felt fat and pimply and not so wonderful, but I knew that the other symptoms I had read about were much worse.

Overall, the Clomid that I psyched myself up over wasn't so bad and I didn't really have much of a physical reaction to it. (But I didn't ovulate from it either...)

No comments:

Post a Comment