Sunday, March 30, 2014

Clomid- Round 2, No O and a Break Up

Round 2: 100mg Clomid, Days 5-9 (While continuing with 1500 mg of Metformin)

After talking with my doctor and confirming that I did not ovulate during round 1 of Clomid through a blood test, we decided to increase the dose to 100mg after another 10 days of Provera to induce my period again. (Two of those little white pills daily for 5 days... scary!)

Even though the first round wasn't terrible, I was incredibly nervous that round 2 at a higher dose would double the side effects. This time, I didn't have an awesome feeling on the second day of Clomid but the side effects were not bad either. I did feel it a bit more than my first round.

I was definitely hot at night this time and used only a sheet but nothing that kept me awake. My skin was broken out and I felt bloated but oh, so hopeful for ovulation this round. (Which didn't happen either...)

I began going to acupuncture and loved how relaxed and comfortable I felt afterwards. It also helped to qualm some of my intense hunger which was a welcome relief. I temped and did OPK tests and got my blood drawn on day 21 of my cycle which came back negative.

I continued acupuncture, temping, doing OPKs from day 13 to day 40 before my doctor told me to stop and that she could not help me any more.

She referred me to a fertility clinic, asked if I had thought about adoption and wished me luck. I felt so defeated, so devastated...

I left the doctor's office determined to go to work and throw myself into a fun Friday, but was heartbroken and teary eyed at every turn. Luckily, I have amazing colleagues who comforted me when I told them what was going on with me after all these months. I couldn't ask for a more supportive group of people and am truly blessed to be surrounded my such great people in every aspect my life. 

After a few days, I started feeling more reassured but it wasn't until I went for acupuncture the following Tuesday that I felt relaxed, truly comforted and ready to tackle anything despite the breakup. Getting that qi (CHEE) following is incredibly powerful! I got some extra needles in my wrists and feel asleep on the heated table. When I awoke, I felt drunk on qi and happy- and even needed some time before I knew I could drive again! Haven't done acupuncture yet? What are you waiting for? It's life changing.


No comments:

Post a Comment