Sunday, March 30, 2014

Fertility Clinic- New Hope and Next Steps

I called fertility center with hopes that someone would cancel due to the snow. My hunch was right and my husband and I hopped in the car and were seen an hour later for our first appointment- over a month before previously scheduled!

After listening to our journey so far, he said that we have nothing to worry about and he feels confident I will be pregnant within 9-12 months. Yep, you read that correctly. Complete reversal here. I'll now be calling my fertility center doctor, Dr. Hope.

He sat with my husband and I in his office while he outlined a course of action for us. He outlined the success rates for each intervention and took us through the flow of what would come next if one step did not work.

After our consult, I met my amazing nurse who further explained the steps to us, gave us more information and filled out the paperwork with us. A technician drew a lot of my blood so they could run a bunch of blood tests again to check my hormone levels. I also gave blood for genetic testing.

When we finished with our nurse, we met with the financial councilor who gave us all of the pricing for each treatment. Because of the snow day, we had to wait to find out what our insurance covers. (Which is not too much, but surprisingly better than most!)  Everyone we encountered was so nice to both of us and the clinic had a quiet, peaceful and intellectual feel to it!

Once my initial blood work came back, they confirmed again that I did not O. I got the go ahead to take progesterone again for 10 days. After I get my period, I will go in for a baseline t/v ultrasound to check out my follicles on CD3. Then I will go on birth control and get an HSG test to see if I have any tubes blocked.

Once that comes back, Dr. Hope will take me off the b.c. and I will do another round of Clomid at a higher dose (150mg), an injection shot to spark ovulation and ultrasound monitoring all along the way. Because of all the monitoring, I don't need to temp or use OPKs, hurray! If that cycle does not work, then I will switch to a different drug called Femara.  

There is a new plan. There is renewed hope. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment