Saturday, May 17, 2014

Good-bye Clomid, Hello Femara

inspirational quotes, adjust your sails 

Since I never responded to Clomid, my fertility doc moved me to Femara 2.5mg. On Day 20 of my Clomid cycle, I went in for an t/v ultrasound and blood work to confirm that I had not grown any follicles.  My husband and I also had to sign a release form to take Femara, which is commonly used as a breast cancer drug and is illegal in several countries. Again, I had lots of follicles and they were all too small, proving that Clomid and I were due for a break-up. 

I got a call later that day from my nurse instructing me to start my five days of Femara that evening, treating my actual day 20 as day 3 since my uterine lining was set to go. I was concerned that the dosage of Femara was so low that I wouldn't respond and wondered why I didn't start with what seems like the common 5.0 or 7.5 mg. They explained that it was due to me already being somewhat stimulated by the Clomid this cycle so they did not want to send me into hyper-stimulation which makes sense. Now, I just wait until my next t/v ultrasound and blood work to see if I can use that trigger shot that is just waiting for me in my fridge.

Several friends have announced their pregnancies in the past week or so. We're hoping that we are one step closer to our own gifted little one. 

Stay tuned for my play-by-play on my Femara experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment