Monday, May 5, 2014

Failed Follies

Went yesterday (Sunday, day 11) to get my ultrasound and blood work done. I didn't respond to my third round of Clomid. I had one follicle measuring 7.4 mm and bunch of little follicles. (You need to find follicles around 20mm to do the trigger shot.)

One of the most depressing things about Sunday monitoring were all of the hopeful couples waiting in the lounge area. They were overflowing with patients but the waiting room was very quiet. Patients and their partners were whisked in and out of the blood work room, the ultrasound rooms and the check-out area. While they were very efficient, cheery and positive, my husband and I both felt a bit sad to see so many struggling people all around us.

One of the good things was that my husband was finally able to see what my PCOS ovaries look like via ultrasound. The radiologist told him that I have a beautiful uterus (um, thanks?) and explained to him that that chocolate chip cookie looking thing was my right ovary (and there is an ovary on each side.)

When the doctor on call came in, he told me to schedule again for Thursday (cd 15) to check again but that I most likely will be advised to try another route since I did not respond to the maximum dose of Clomid they use at the clinic. Still have the trigger shot chilling in the fridge and the progesterone supplements waiting in the drawer in case something changes, but it's not likely. While I didn't expect the Clomid to work this time due to my lack of response before, it still hurts to have gone through all of the yuckiness just to have to undergo more yuckiness and uncertainty...

No comments:

Post a Comment