Thursday, May 22, 2014

Fertile Femara?


My fertility doc started me on Femara 2.5mg for 5 days after not responding to my 150mg Clomid without waiting for AF induction (so technically it was cd20). Overall, Femara was almost a breeze for me compared to Clomid. While I didn't have as much difficulty with Clomid as others, I found Femara to be much easier on my body. And my skin thanks me too!

Day 1: Failed Clomid ultrasound and blood work. Lots of tiny follicles...
Days 1-4: I took the pill late at night before bed. I felt fine- a little bloated but nothing much more to note. My skin also began to clear up since the after Clomid effect. Lots of energy and in a good mood. Feel a little hot. This may also be coupled with my new order of Murad skin care products. 

Days 5-6: Felt a bit nauseous and run down, but taking several walks with my husband and watching Netflix in between helped. Day 6, I didn't have to take a pill but I was going through the effects of my evening pill. 

Day 10: Acupuncture- yay!! Feels so good! Lots of energy to begin with, very clear feeling and relaxed afterwards

Day 11: Still in a good mood. (This is definitely not CloMood!)

Day 12 ultrasound and blood work: Failed. Again. Follicle that was 8mm with 150mg of Clomid grew 2mm to a max of 10mm, with still lots of little follicles. Need to go back in a few days to check again and then we discuss next steps.


Kind of anxious to find out what's next. 1. Wait longer? 2. Start higher dose of Femara without AF induction? 3. Induce AF and start again with ...who knows...? 4. IVF? It's hard because I have all of these summer plans and being in town to do all of this monitoring will be more of a struggle. I'm getting really sick of this re-prioritizing and endless waiting game. If it will take several more months to find the magic, that's fine but I'd rather just know. Where's the crystal ball??




No comments:

Post a Comment