Friday, May 9, 2014

3 strikes...

Went again on Thursday (cd 15) for another ultrasound and more blood work. Story of my life now.

My estrogen levels were still incredibly low for this point in my cycle (34.8-cd3, 47.6- cd15, should be in the hundreds or even thousands) so I am not showing any signs of follicle development nor pending ovulation.The ultrasound just showed lots of tiny follicles and 2 larger ones- the largest is 8.6mm which is still very small.Can't believe that I went through all of that and didn't respond...


Clomid Round 3, 3 strikes and you're out. I won't be sad to see you go. If I fail again on Monday, I can finally move directly onto Femara without AF first. Heard that it's less harsh to bodies than Clomid so I'm excited about that and hopefully I will respond to it. Many women who don't respond to Clomid respond to Femara and we're hopeful that this time something will work. Also glad I got permission to go ahead and start Femara without using provera to induce AF. That would have added about 14 days to my wait to cycle again, so I'm thankful for that.

Mother's Day is this weekend. Can't help but feel a bit sad that I'm not in the club this year. So glad to have a new, clear plan in place to keep this process moving along though.

No comments:

Post a Comment