Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Ultrasound- Follicles Galore!

I got my period yesterday after taking progesterone (provera). So, I called my nurse and she scheduled my monitoring baseline ultrasound for first thing this morning. (You have to do it between day 2-5.) I got there 30 min before my appointment when the office opened with hopes that I could get in early so I wouldn't be late for work and sure enough, they got me in lickity-split!  Again, everyone at the fertility clinic was so friendly and happy (even though it was really early in the morning) which really put me at ease.

http://weheartit.com/entry/36681830
The tech administered the t/v ultrasound while another doc from the practice sat in to interpret the results on the spot. She said my uterine lining looked good and then when she saw the "pearl necklace" lining the outside of my first ovary, she grew quiet and looked a bit nervous. I said, "I already know I have pcos." To which she sighed in relief saying something about how they look like typical pcos but in a way that made me feel positive about them looking so normally abnormal. (See, everyone is so friendly they make everything sound okay. Talk about rose colored glasses!)

She said to go forward with my plans to get the HSG test on Monday and that they saw nothing there that would hold me up further. ::Sigh of relief::

After about 2 minutes of the ultrasound, I was on my way to pay my 50% and even had enough time to grab a small cup of decaf coffee as a treat for myself during my drive to work!

Fast forward to the end and highlight of my day- Acupuncture Tuesday! I had another great, relaxing, centering session and walked around outside for awhile feeling refreshed and renewed.

After returning home, I found my lost phone and saw that I had a long voice-mail from my nurse. She informed me that they were looking for me to have at most 10 follicles when I, in fact, have 90. Yes, I'm an overachiever... 40 on one side, 50 on the other.  She said they "looked good, really good" with a laugh, so I suppose this is good. I'm patting myself on the back for not googling this... yet.

Lots of long walks planned for this week, start b.c. tomorrow leading up the HSG test Monday and an acupuncture reward on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment