Monday, July 21, 2014

Two Week Wait and Beyond


Don't Count the Days, Make the Days Count Inspirational Quote Art Photo Print, home decor, decoration, wall art 

I  was incredibly busy during the two week wait which was a great way to get my mind off of everything. Had a lot of fun, did a lot of work and was super productive. Twice each day, though, I had the constant reminder that I'm still fighting for a chance at a little gift- morning and evening prometrium progesterone suppositories. Ugh!

The progesterone suppositories can give you all of the symptoms of pregnancy.  For me, I felt the bloating, extreme hunger, and painful, enlarged breasts the most. Psychologically, it sucks because you can't read into it too much because they could either be due to the drugs or to a pregnancy. What's the point of taking them? To support your uterine lining to help prevent a miscarriage and prevent your period from coming.

So, I took them and at the end of two weeks on a Friday, I went to the doctor again for bloodwork only. After waiting a few hours, I called my nurse at lunch to get my results and next steps because I was leaving town for a bridal shower and didn't want to go into the weekend without a plan. I knew that I wasn't pregnant already because I had taken a urine test, but still the blood confirmation stung when she apologized for the negative news. "I'm so sorry, but you are not pregnant."

All these weeks of hoping and waiting and trying and hoping...



Got on my flight that night and went back home to put on a positive face and take my mind off of the disappointment.

Moving on to the next cycle:
 Because of our planned vacation to Colombia, we had to take a break between cycles. :( My doctor stopped my progesterone suppositories the day we confirmed I wasn't pregnant (so happy to be off those!) and I got my period a few days later. Then, on day 3, I started birth control until coming back from my trip to start injections all over again. (Was supposed to come off b.c. while still on my trip so that I would start right away but then I got very sick in Colombia so I had to wait even longer until I finished my antibiotics.. oye, never ending...)



No comments:

Post a Comment